Now In-Network with TRICARE Insurance
We utilize the latest FDA-Approved TMS Therapy to treat Service Members, Retirees, and their Families.
Call (949) 370-0771 Today!
TMS for Post-Concussion Syndrome
Even mild traumatic brain injuries can result in long-term cognitive issues.
Post-Concussion Syndrome is defined as the lingering symptoms following a concussion or a mild Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Post-Concussion Syndrome is most often diagnosed after one has recently suffered a head injury (concussion) and experiences certain symptoms. Our San Diego Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Center provides TMS Therapy for Post-Concussion Syndrome.
Post-concussion syndrome can manifest within days of the head injury; it can also be delayed for weeks before symptoms appear.
Symptoms of Post-Concussion Syndrome
PCS is commonly diagnosed after a Traumatic Brain Injury when at least three of the following symptoms exist:
- memory impairment
- trouble concentrating
- personality changes
- sensitivity to noise and light
Psychological Symptoms of Post-Concussion Syndrome
Psychological or Psychiatric symptoms often present with PCS, which create complexity and risk to the PCS sufferer:
- Personality Changes
Causes of Post-Concussion Syndrome
Concussions result from a variety of causes, including:
- Striking the head in a fall
- Striking the head in a car accident
- Assault to the head from violence
- A blow to the head during impact sports, particularly football, soccer, rugby, martial arts, boxing
Concussion in children, adolescents, and young adults caused by participation in sports has become alarmingly common and pervasive
Risk Factors for Post-Concussion Syndrome
- One who has recently suffered a concussion is at high risk for post-concussion syndrome
- People over the age of 40
- Women are at great risk than men
- Those with pre-existing psychiatric conditions (depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder) are at greater risk of developing PCS after a concussion
Historical Treatment for Post-Concussion Syndrome
No single treatment exists for post-concussion syndrome.
Antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications are often prescribed to treat depression and anxiety, which are common symptoms of PCS. Talk therapy is also utilized for treatment.
TMS Treatment for Post-Concussion Syndrome
According to the latest research, low-intensity TMS could be the first effective treatment for Concussions and other Brain Injuries.
TMS is FDA approved and proven to resolve Depression, Anxiety, and PTSD, which are pervasively common symptoms of Post-Concussion Syndrome
If you’d like to learn more about the process at our TMS treatment center, please visit our TMS Procedure page.
TMS benefits include:
- High Success Rate – considerably higher success rate than any other treatments
- Non-Invasive – the treatment is entirely external to the body
- Non-Sedative – it requires no sedation and is relatively painless
- Minimal to No Side Effects – it has no side effects in the vast majority of patients
Call or Email us to schedule a free consultation
Scholarly Research and Publications
Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) as a Treatment For Chronic Dizziness Following Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
Noninvasive Brain Stimulation For Persistent Postconcussion Symptoms in Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
rTMS Treatment of Persisten Headache and Post Cuncussion Symptoms Attributed to Mild Traumatic Injury to the Head
SAN DIEGO LOCATION
1321 Garnet Ave.
San Diego, CA 92109